To provide the service provided by our Site, it is necessary for us to process certain Data. All your Data shall be used in accordance with the applicable UK law (the “Act”). We will be the recipient of this Data. Once we have received your Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our Site, or contact us by email, we may collect the following information:
* Data that you choose to share with us when you subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Site;
* If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses;
* Information about the way our Site has been used by you and others – collected on an aggregate basis; and
* Your IP address and other information (e.g. the browser you are using) may be collected when you interact with our Site e.g. when you subscribe to our emails.
How do we use the information you provide to us?
In general terms, we use the Data to provide you with the services you request, process payment, for customer research and to send you marketing and promotional emails. We may also use the Personal Information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Site.
We may use Personal Information we collect to notify you about new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. We may share your Data with our group companies.
If you think that the data we hold on you is incorrect, or outdated, email us at email@example.com and we will ensure it is changed or removed.
We will keep your Data only for as long as is necessary. We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the transfer of certain divisions or assets of our company to other parties. Data provided by you and other users will, where relevant, be transferred.
Opt out of receiving emails
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the footer of the email you have received. Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 hours for your email address to be removed from our system.
We may use ‘cookies’ while you access the Site to avoid the need to re-enter details on different occasions. Cookies are also used to collect general usage and volume statistical information. We may use local “shared objects”, also known as “Flash” cookies. Examples of other reasons include:
* enabling us to recognise your device so that you don’t have to give the same information to us several times;
* recognising that you may already have given a username and/or password; and/or,
* measuring how you are using the Site, to make the Site easier to use and to ensure sufficient capacity for quick delivery.
How can you access and correct your Data?
Should you have any queries about any Data which we hold about you, you may submit a request to us by sending an email to email@example.com and we shall endeavour to respond to any such request as soon as we are able.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we are using your Data, you can do so at the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/concerns).